Toto je archív diskusií v Krčme z roku 2013.
- 1 Be a Wikimedia fundraising "User Experience" volunteer!
- 2 Wikimedia sites to move to primary data center in Ashburn, Virginia. Read-only mode expected.
- 3 Help turn ideas into grants in the new IdeaLab
- 4 Convert complex templates to Lua to make them faster and more powerful
- 5 Tématická kategorizace
- 6 Proposal of a pronunciation recording tool
- 7 Request for comment on inactive administrators
- 8 [en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming
- 9 [en] Change to section edit links
- 10 Tech newsletter: Subscribe to receive the next editions
- 11 Trademark discussion
- 12 X!'s Edit Counter
- 13 Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09
- 14 Zemianske Podhradie
- 15 Pywikipedia is migrating to git
- 16 Žádosti dvě
- 17 HTTPS for users with an account
- 18 Wikislovník pomocou Wikiúdajov
- 19 Request for consultation on community logo
- 20 Znemožnění lokálního uploadu
- 21 Notifications
- 22 Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.
- 23 Introducting Beta Features
- 24 Call for comments on draft trademark policy
- 25 Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?
- 26 Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014
- 28 Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments
- 30 Changes to the default site typography coming soon
- 31 Pronunciation Recording
Be a Wikimedia fundraising "User Experience" volunteer![upraviť]
Thank you to everyone who volunteered last year on the Wikimedia fundraising 'User Experience' project. We have talked to many different people in different countries and their feedback has helped us immensely in restructuring our pages. If you haven't heard of it yet, the 'User Experience' project has the goal of understanding the donation experience in different countries (outside the USA) and enhancing the localization of our donation pages.
I am (still) searching for volunteers to spend some time on a Skype chat with me, reviewing their own country's donation pages. It will be done on a 'usability' format (I will ask you to read the text and go through the donation flow) and will be asking your feedback in the meanwhile.
The only pre-requisite is for the volunteer to actually live in the country and to have access to at least one donation method that we offer for that country (mainly credit/debit card, but also real time banking like IDEAL, E-wallets, etc...) so we can do a live test and see if the donation goes through. **All volunteers will be reimbursed of the donations that eventually succeed (and they will be very low amounts, like 1-2 dollars)**
By helping us you are actually helping thousands of people to support our mission of free knowledge across the world. If you are interested (or know of anyone who could be) please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All countries needed (excepting USA)!!
Global Fundraising Operations Manager, Wikimedia Foundation
- Sent using Global message delivery, 21:16, 8. január 2013 (UTC)
Wikimedia sites to move to primary data center in Ashburn, Virginia. Read-only mode expected.[upraviť]
(Apologies if this message isn't in your language.) Next week, the Wikimedia Foundation will transition its main technical operations to a new data center in Ashburn, Virginia, USA. This is intended to improve the technical performance and reliability of all Wikimedia sites, including this wiki. There will be some times when the site will be in read-only mode, and there may be full outages; the current target windows for the migration are January 22nd, 23rd and 24th, 2013, from 17:00 to 01:00 UTC (see other timezones on timeanddate.com). More information is available in the full announcement.
If you would like to stay informed of future technical upgrades, consider becoming a Tech ambassador and joining the ambassadors mailing list. You will be able to help your fellow Wikimedians have a voice in technical discussions and be notified of important decisions.
Thank you for your help and your understanding.
Help turn ideas into grants in the new IdeaLab[upraviť]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
- Do you have an idea for a project to improve this community or website?
- Do you think you could complete your idea if only you had some funding?
- Do you want to help other people turn their ideas into project plans or grant proposals?
Please join us in the IdeaLab, an incubator for project ideas and Individual Engagement Grant proposals.
The Wikimedia Foundation is seeking new ideas and proposals for Individual Engagement Grants. These grants fund individuals or small groups to complete projects that help improve this community. If interested, please submit a completed proposal by February 15, 2013. Please visit https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG for more information.
Thanks! --Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 20:51, 30. január 2013 (UTC)
Convert complex templates to Lua to make them faster and more powerful[upraviť]
(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians)
Greetings. As you might have seen on the Wikimedia tech blog or the tech ambassadors list, a new functionality called "Lua" is being enabled on all Wikimedia sites today. Lua is a scripting language that enables you to write faster and more powerful MediaWiki templates.
If you have questions about how to convert existing templates to Lua (or how to create new ones), we'll be holding two support sessions on IRC next week: one on Wednesday (for Oceania, Asia & America) and one on Friday (for Europe, Africa & America); see m:IRC office hours for the details. If you can't make it, you can also get help at mw:Talk:Lua scripting.
If you'd like to learn about this kind of events earlier in advance, consider becoming a Tech ambassador by subscribing to the mailing list. You will also be able to help your fellow Wikimedians have a voice in technical discussions and be notified of important decisions.
Navrhuji kompletně zrušit tématickou kategorizaci. Většina těchto kategorií obsahuje jen málo slov a naopak většina slov není kategorizována nikde. Český Wikislovník ji také zrušil. JAn Dudík (diskusia) 12:06, 25. marec 2013 (UTC)
- Pro.--Zdenekk2 (diskusia) 22:37, 25. marec 2013 (UTC)
- Pro --Silesianus (diskusia) 09:11, 27. marec 2013 (UTC)
- Samozřejmě pro.
— Danny B. 21:22, 3. apríl 2013 (UTC)
Proposal of a pronunciation recording tool[upraviť]
Hello, Rahul21, a developer, offers to develop a pronunciation recording tool for Wiktionary, helped by Michael Dale as part of GSoC. The tool would allow to record and add audio pronunciations to Wiktionary entries while browsing them (see background discussion on Wiktionary-l). Please read and comment the proposal! Regards, Nemo 22:43, 9. apríl 2013 (UTC)
(Please consider translating this message for the benefit of your fellow Wikimedians. Please also consider translating the proposal.)
Read this message in English / Lleer esti mensaxe n'asturianu / বাংলায় এই বার্তাটি পড়ুন / Llegiu aquest missatge en català / Læs denne besked på dansk / Lies diese Nachricht auf Deutsch / Leś cal mesag' chè in Emiliàn / Leer este mensaje en español / Lue tämä viesti suomeksi / Lire ce message en français / Ler esta mensaxe en galego / हिन्दी / Pročitajte ovu poruku na hrvatskom / Baca pesan ini dalam Bahasa Indonesia / Leggi questo messaggio in italiano / ಈ ಸಂದೇಶವನ್ನು ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಓದಿ / Aqra dan il-messaġġ bil-Malti / norsk (bokmål) / Lees dit bericht in het Nederlands / Przeczytaj tę wiadomość po polsku / Citiți acest mesaj în română / Прочитать это сообщение на русском / Farriintaan ku aqri Af-Soomaali / Pročitaj ovu poruku na srpskom (Прочитај ову поруку на српском) / อ่านข้อความนี้ในภาษาไทย / Прочитати це повідомлення українською мовою / Đọc thông báo bằng tiếng Việt / 使用中文阅读本信息。
There is a new request for comment on Meta-Wiki concerning the removal of administrative rights from long-term inactive Wikimedians. Generally, this proposal from stewards would apply to wikis without an administrators' review process.
We are also compiling a list of projects with procedures for removing inactive administrators on the talk page of the request for comment. Feel free to add your project(s) to the list if you have a policy on administrator inactivity.
All input is appreciated. The discussion may close as soon as 21 May 2013 (2013-05-21), but this will be extended if needed.
[en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming[upraviť]
Some accounts will soon be renamed due to a technical change that the developer team at Wikimedia are making. More details on Meta.
The default position of the "edit" link in page section headers is going to change soon. The "edit" link will be positioned adjacent to the page header text rather than floating opposite it.
Section edit links will be to the immediate right of section titles, instead of on the far right. If you're an editor of one of the wikis which already implemented this change, nothing will substantially change for you; however, scripts and gadgets depending on the previous implementation of section edit links will have to be adjusted to continue working; however, nothing else should break even if they are not updated in time.
Detailed information and a timeline is available on meta.
Ideas to do this all the way to 2009 at least. It is often difficult to track which of several potential section edit links on the far right is associated with the correct section, and many readers and anonymous or new editors may even be failing to notice section edit links at all, since they read section titles, which are far away from the links.
Hi, apologies for posting this in English, but I wanted to alert your community to a discussion on Meta about potential changes to the Wikimedia Trademark Policy. Please translate this statement if you can. We hope that you will all participate in the discussion; we also welcome translations of the legal team’s statement into as many languages as possible and encourage you to voice your thoughts there. Please see the Trademark practices discussion (on Meta-Wiki) for more information. Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF) (talk)
Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09[upraviť]
Pywikipedia is migrating to git[upraviť]
Hello, Sorry for English but It's very important for bot operators so I hope someone translates this. Pywikipedia is migrating to Git so after July 26, SVN checkouts won't be updated If you're using Pywikipedia you have to switch to git, otherwise you will use out-dated framework and your bot might not work properly. There is a manual for doing that and a blog post explaining about this change in non-technical language. If you have question feel free to ask in mw:Manual talk:Pywikipediabot/Gerrit, mailing list, or in the IRC channel. Best Amir (via Global message delivery). 13:46, 23. júl 2013 (UTC)
Zdravím, mám dvě žádosti na místní specialisty.
- ) Rád bych poprosil nějakého správce/byrokrata, zda by neuzavřel mou žádost na práva správce (asi jako neúspěšnou vzhledem k malé účasti).
- ) Jestli tu existuje nějaký (semi-)botovodič, zda by neupravil výskyt slova "stredny" na "stredný", jaksi se mi to díky copy-paste rozlezlo do většiny latinských hesel s tímto rodem spojených. (Pokud by se dala akce bota upravit jen na kategorii latinčina, tím lépe)
- Tak si tu žádost uzavři sám :-)
- Robot se proběhl a opravil co se dalo. JAn Dudík (diskusia) 10:21, 26. júl 2013 (UTC)
- Díky za bota. Tak já vím, že to tu moc nežije ani z oficiálního hlediska, ale přece jen bych toto ponechal příslušným osobám. I když teď jsem se díval a sk.wikt nemá svého byrokrata! Nechtěl by někdo z vás tří mušketýrů převzít i tuto zde zcela nepostradatelnou funkci? --Silesianus (diskusia) 10:28, 26. júl 2013 (UTC)
HTTPS for users with an account[upraviť]
Greetings. Starting on August 21 (tomorrow), all users with an account will be using HTTPS to access Wikimedia sites. HTTPS brings better security and improves your privacy. More information is available at m:HTTPS.
If HTTPS causes problems for you, tell us on bugzilla, on IRC (in the
#wikimedia-operations channel) or on meta. If you can't use the other methods, you can also send an e-mail to
Wikislovník pomocou Wikiúdajov[upraviť]
Znemožnění lokálního uploadu[upraviť]
Vzhledem k tomu, že slovenský Wikislovník nemá povolenu žádnou licenční výjimku a veškerý svobodný multimediální obsah patří na Commons, vypnu tady lokální upload (zůstane povolen pouze pro správce, kteří mohou v případě potřeby aktualizovat logo).
— Danny B. 17:43, 2. október 2013 (UTC)
(This message is in English, please translate as needed)
Notifications will inform users about new activity that affects them on this wiki in a unified way: for example, this new tool will let you know when you have new talk page messages, edit reverts, mentions or links -- and is designed to augment (rather than replace) the watchlist. The Wikimedia Foundation's editor engagement team developed this tool (code-named 'Echo') earlier this year, to help users contribute more productively to MediaWiki projects.
We're now getting ready to bring Notifications to almost all other Wikimedia sites, and are aiming for a 22 October deployment, as outlined in this release plan. It is important that notifications is translated for all of the languages we serve.
There are three major points of translation needed to be either done or checked:
- Echo on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Thanks on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Notifications help on mediawiki.org. This page can be hosted after translation on mediawiki.org or we can localize it to this Wikipedia. You do not have to have an account to translate on mediawiki, but single-user login will create it for you there if you follow the link.
Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or comments about this new tool. For more information, visit this project hub and this help page. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:13, 4. október 2013 (UTC)
Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.[upraviť]
Introducting Beta Features[upraviť]
(Apologies for writing in English. Please translate if necessary)
We would like to let you know about Beta Features, a new program from the Wikimedia Foundation that lets you try out new features before they are released for everyone.
Think of it as a digital laboratory where community members can preview upcoming software and give feedback to help improve them. This special preference page lets designers and engineers experiment with new features on a broad scale, but in a way that's not disruptive.
Beta Features is now ready for testing on MediaWiki.org. It will also be released on Wikimedia Commons and MetaWiki this Thursday, 7 November. Based on test results, the plan is to release it on all wikis worldwide on 21 November, 2013.
Here are the first features you can test this week:
- Media Viewer — view images in large size or full screen
- VisualEditor Formulæ (for wikis with VisualEditor) — edit algebra or equations on your pages
- Typography Refresh — make text more readable (coming Thursday)
Would you like to try out Beta Features now? After you log in on MediaWiki.org, a small 'Beta' link will appear next to your 'Preferences'. Click on it to see features you can test, check the ones you want, then click 'Save'. Learn more on the Beta Features page.
After you've tested Beta Features, please let the developers know what you think on this discussion page -- or report any bugs here on Bugzilla. You're also welcome to join this IRC office hours chat on Friday, 8 November at 18:30 UTC.
Beta Features was developed by the Wikimedia Foundation's Design, Multimedia and VisualEditor teams. Along with other developers, they will be adding new features to this experimental program every few weeks. They are very grateful to all the community members who helped create this project — and look forward to many more productive collaborations in the future.
Call for comments on draft trademark policy[upraviť]
Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?[upraviť]
I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.
The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.
Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).
However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.
We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.
All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.
You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.
Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014[upraviť]
On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.
We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.
Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[upraviť]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make Wikislovník better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.
Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:
- Organizing social media for Chinese Wikipedia ($350 for materials)
- Improving gadgets for Visual Editor ($4500 for developers)
- Coordinating access to reliable sources for Wikipedians ($7500 for project management, consultants and materials)
- Building community and strategy for Wikisource (€10000 for organizing and travel)
Hope to have your participation,
--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 19:44, 28. február 2014 (UTC)
Changes to the default site typography coming soon[upraviť]
This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:
- April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
- April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live
This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.
For more information:
Dear Wiktionary community!
- About me
- My name is Rainer Rillke, and I have been volunteering at Wikimedia Commons for 3 years now, gathering experience around media files. I've been always interested in how things work and how one could improve them.
- The idea
- One idea that appeared last Summer was allowing the recording of small chunks of speech, uploading that to Wikimedia Commons in the background and including this into a Wiktionary entry without having the hassle doing everything by hand or installing additional software. That idea led to the foundation of MediaWiki extension PronunciationRecording during the Google Summer of Code. However, this was not completed; instead development is stale for over 5 months now.
- My proposal
- To make this going to work, so Wiktionary has an immediate benefit of this feature, I would like to provide the work done so far as a gadget and add some more work in regard to usability. You can see my plan at m:Grants:IEG/Finish Pronunciation Recording. And more importantly, you can give me a hand, if you are interested by writing your comments.